Saturday

España: Days 80 & 81 (El Campello & Playa Muchavista)

Day 80:
I start the day with a nice surprise...my second try at the cannabis plants is looking good! Since I am writing this very delayed, I must admit, all 4 have died because we went away for 2 weeks. That just tells me if I were to nurture the nature, the plants would have been a success. I am truly proud that I was able to get them to sprout so nicely though, especially considering I do not have a "green thumb." We went to La Espiga for lunch again but we both tried something different! Scott had some chicken and I had pasta so it is good to know that if we ever go there and do not want pizza, the other offerings are just as delicious!

Attempt #2 at growing some personal plants

Little sprout

Sangria at La Espiga

A dish called "empanada" but really breaded and stuffed chicken

Penne with olive oil and garlic....lots of garlic at La Espiga


Earlier in the week we were told about a dog park so today we decided to take a leisurely stroll there. We are pretty much half way there from La Espiga. The dog park, Parque de Perros Campello, was more for me because I am hoping to get to talk to people but once we got there, there was NO ONE! it must have been too hot (and during siesta) so people did not want to take their dogs out. We stayed for a bit and a dog and it's human showed up right when we were heading out. I tried to linger a bit but Coco was over it and the other dog wanted to play. The dog park is really beautiful and big so I would highly recommend. I was told it is the better of the few in the area because there is more shade and there are usually a good number of people/dogs there. Ok, now Coco overload....

Coco had Parque de Perros Campello all to her itty bitty self

















After the park, we stopped at a bar on the way home....



These two....❤💛💚



Day 81:
I have been yearning to go on a boat or a kayak since we got here and have yet to do so. I kept suggesting to Scott that we should see about renting a kayak on our own for a few hours so we found a place called Aloha Sport at the beach close by, Playa de Muchavista. This beach is usually very calm so I had no concern about kayaking here. I do not know how to swim but I am usually fine if I have a life vest. We carried our kayak down the hill, over the tram tracks and through the sand...really it was not that far but when you are carrying and large awkward shaped thing, it can be a bit of work! As we got to shore, I had some worries but tried to get over it quickly because I wanted to do this so badly. I got in first and Scott pushed me out a bit until it was time for him to get in and then we needed to start paddling. The waves we rough and we kept getting turned to where we were parallel to the waves. I tried to keep my cool but my anxiety took over and I started hyperventilating to a point where I could not catch my breath. Scott knew I was having a panick attack and got us back to shore before I drowned. There was no way we were going to be kayaking today. The ocean was rejecting us with her big waves. Go figure the one day we make the trip and plan to do this is the day when the red flags go up. Literally. Since we still had the kayak for 45 minutes, we just sat on it and relaxed in the sun. Then we had some drinks and eventually went home to the Coco babes.


Ready for some kayaking!
Not the best day to kayak...
Defeated
Scott in Muchavista


People watching in Playa Muchavista


Back in El Campello, we opened a bottle of red wine that we bought a few weeks earlier in San Sebastián. We tried the wine there when Scott noticed another man ordering Emilio Moro at the bar and the bartender shook the man's hand and told him it was a great choice! We then enjoyed some paella for lunch at Restaurante Cavia. As I mentioned in a previous post, Spaniards only eat paella for lunch, not dinner. These little things are my attempt at that Spanish life 😆

Emilio Moro 2013 vino tinto with my Nespresso in my Roberto Cavalli cup on our balcony in El Campello

Paella (pollo y verduras) at Cavia



No comments:

Post a Comment