Thursday

España: Days 103-105 (El Campello)

Day 103:
Monday the 17th of October in El Campello. We went to Restaurante Brel for lunch where I had my usual Salmon Quinoa salad. I really do enjoy it here, the staff is usually on point and the food is consistent. They also have a great wine selection so we have been able to try different things. Maybe next time I will try a new dish...

This may be our favorite wine, Emilio Moro 2011 at Brel

Scott's delicious pizza at Brel

A nice little after lunch treat at Brel...

For dinner we went to Bar Merfín and tried some new tapas and vino! Of course we had Scott's favorite, Pollo Crujiento (fried chicken) and one of my favorites, Tortitas de Platano (little fried banana pancakes) but then we also tried the cheese plate, Tabla de Quesos.

Viridiana 2014 from Ribera del Duero

Amazing queso plate at Bar Merfín. Each color has a different twist....I think my favorite was the green pesto. The apples were a very pleasant touch as well!

Chupito de Orujo compliments of Bar Merfín


Day 104:
Other than my Español lession today, we went to lunch at Max Pizzeria (I believe it is now permanently closed).

Pasta at Restaurante Max

Chicken at Max

Siesta


Remember our Cuban friend, Nelson? (read blog post Days 94-97) Well, he is visiting his parents in Alicante and wanted to get drinks or food with us so I suggested we go to our favorite place in Alicante, Thai Corner. This is Scott's first time meeting Nelson (Coco's as well) so it should be interesting...first, Coco tried to bite him when he initially walked up and next, Nelson had a mission to prove us wrong. We explained how hard it has been for us to make friends with people because where we live is very touristy. Most of the people who seem to live in Campello are either senior citizens, families or Brits. From what I have noticed, the Brits keep to their circle of Brits. Not many attempt to speak Español and they don't often socialize outside of their bubble. Don't get me wrong, I love Brits! However, they are not very welcoming here....
So Nelson wanted to prove to us that it is easy to talk to people and make friends. Easy for him. He is a single person, we are a couple. We are a couple with a dog. For the rest of the night, we all hung out, drank and watched as Nelson talked with a few people. All women. That is completely different than a couple with a dog, walking up to people and just striking up a conversation...it was fun and funny to watch though!

Nelson stole my weiner 🌭


Day 105:
Today, 19th October, was pretty uneventful and I honestly cannot remember where we ate but it was most likely pizza because I have no photo...which means I had the same thing I normally get. Tomorrow I leave for Morocco and I have a lot of packing to do!

It was a grey day at Playa El Campello



No comments:

Post a Comment