Tuesday

España: Days 130-138 (Malaga & El Campello)

Day 130:
The 13th of November 2016, we leave Marbella to head back to El Campello but we stop in Málaga for one night. We stayed at another NH Hotel but I didn't feel this one was as nice as some of the others we have stayed at....maybe it is because our window was overlooking something that looked very much like the LA "river" but converted into a makeshift skatepark. We went to lunch at a Mexican/Indian restaurant called Amigos. No, that is not a typo...the concept is strange...it really was Mexican and Indian food served at one place. The food was OK....good but not great, I went with the Indian food option. The restaurant is setup along a strip of 3 restaurants and they are all owned by the same restaurant group. When we ate there, we were seated at the Greek restaurant but we were told we could order from any of the 3. I was skeptical of the quality and service at first but they were actually on point (and I wanted something other than Spanish food). Along the port that the restaurants are situated on, there are many shops and at the time there were booths set up with local artisans selling goods. All in all, I was not very impressed with this city.

View of Málaga from the port

Pimientos at Amigos

Chicken madras at Amigos

Cava and a Limoncello chupito at Amigos 




Day 131 & 132:
Our drive back to El Campello was windy and rainy so we had an idea of what we were about to get home to. The beach looked like a tornado hit! It was cold and rainy and a ghost town so we immediately started discussing getting out of town again...soon! Coco and I were both having upset tummies so for lunch we got Chicken at a place close by and I made some rice. Scott only asked for 2 chickens but yet again, we were given 3. Oh well, we used the rest for more chicken and rice meals for Coco. We also took her to the vet and they gave us some liquid antibiotics  (which I gave to Coco for only a few days). The vet also said she could not have any treats for 5 days. This was going to be VERY difficult.

Ali's Málaga Road Trippin' Playlist:

  1. Too Good by Drake, Rihanna
  2. Ain't My Fault by Zara Larsson
  3. Starboy by The Weeknd, Daft Punk
  4. 24K Magic by Bruno Mars
  5. The Greatest by Kendrick Lamar, Sia
  6. Come by Jain
  7. Take My Breath Away by Alesso
  8. Rockabye (feat. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie) by Clean Bandit






I always think of my soul sister, Gabby, when we drink a wine from our Rioja trip 😭

I made ginger mint tea that I brought back from Morocco.  I also bought the teapot and glasses in Morocco. 



Day 133 & 134:
16 of November we did mostly nothing although I did have my Español lesson.
The weather has been miserable here...a lot of wind and rain. Most restaurants "closed for vacation" and will not be back until the beginning of December. We immediately started booking a trip for Madrid for Thanksgiving...

Most nights we have been cooking pasta because places are closed or it is just too cold for us to go out.

My favorite 🤗 It was on sale in Marbella so I had to buy it!

My home cooked pasta



Days 135 & 136:
We went Cavia for lunch and had some yummy paella and sangria! I absolutely love the staff here...they are always so welcoming to us!

Appetizer at Cavia

Sangria at Cavia

Pollo con Verdura paella at Cavia


Luckily Restaurante Brel is open (on limited days/hours) so we had a nice dinner here. Their outdoor seating is now completely enclosed so we had shelter and warmth amid the cold gusts of wind.

Emilio Moro 2014 at Brel

Herb papperdelle pasta at Brel 

Chocolate treat and espresso at Brel


When we woke up the next day, the weather looked fairly decent out...at least the sun was shining. We planned to have lunch (where ever we could) along the boardwalk and ended up at Tasca Marinera. Since I have not been feeling well, I thought fish would be best on my stomach except that I was not enjoying my fish this time. I think our trip to the south has spoiled me with food because since we got back, I have not enjoyed much. I crave pintxos or Italian food and since you cannot find any true pintxos in Campello, I must make or find Italian food to satisfy my taste buds.

Lubina (sea bass) at Tasca Marinera 


Days 137 & 138:
I could not sleep all night so when the sun was rising, I got to enjoy it! The sunrise was incredible...

Sunrise in El Campello, España



Fish and chips lunch at Valenciana


Since so many places are closed, we decided to go into Alicante for lunch. We tried a new (for us) place called Peccati di Gola. The food was good however, for me, there are not many options.

Semele 2013 vino tinto at Peccati di Gola

Delicious variety of bread at Peccati di Gola

Pizza at Peccati di Gola 

Pesto pasta at Peccati di Gola 

Coco at Peccati di Gola 



No comments:

Post a Comment