Friday

España: Days 52 & 53 (El Campello)

Day 52:
It's Saturday 27th of August, 2016 and we stayed in Campello for the weekend. We went over to Club Nautico for lunch and enjoyed the fish we tried here for the first time.

Bertha Brut Reserva cava at Club Nautico

These are probably our favorite Patatas Bravas!

Scott's fish at Club Nautico

Seabass at Club Nautico

We decided to go to the grocery store just down the street from us, Hiperber, to do some shopping to try and cook a little more at home (and get more snacks)! We left Coco so we could both go into the store. On our way, we stopped in at this huge wine store / museum called Bodega Selección Esteban de la Rosa and an older man who works there helped us pick out some good cavas and explained a little about some of the wines. We were overwhelmed because there is so much! They offer museum visits and educational tastings so we will definitely go back to do that and learn more about the wines of Spain. I was amazed that they had wines from my birth year! I didn't even know wine that old would be good but apparently it is. I did not get any birth year wines nor did I try any because the older ones were kind of expensive. One of them is in Rioja, which we will be visiting for my (and my friend, Gabby's) birthday on 7th October so maybe we can visit that winery!

Ancient wines at Bodega Selección

Marqués de Murrieta 1985 Castillo Ygay Gran Reserva de Rioja

Endless selections at Bodega Selección


Day 53:
We have been wanting to go back to a place called Da Riccardo de Maria since we went the first week we got here but they are only open for lunch on the weekends and dinner everday. Any time we would try to go for dinner, there would be no seats available....always busy! We went this Sunday afternoon right around the time they open and got a seat. The pizza is great here and they have a number of options.

Jarra Sangria at Da Riccardo

Pizza Margherita at Da Riccardo

Pizza Marinara at Da Riccardo

After lunch, I wanted some sun time so Scott, Coco and I stopped off at a bar along the beach and got drinks then I made my way to the sand and ocean. The water felt amazing. Green flags, no waves, perfect temperature. I was in my happy place. Oh and the fact that we went to lunch "early, " everyone else is at lunch now so I basically get this big beach all to myself!

Sangria!

Enjoying my alone time on El Campello playa

Baby waves and green flags on El Campello Playa


Coco was getting antsy back at the bar with her papa. She is happy when we are together. She gets mighty antsy if one of us leaves even if it's to go to the bathroom. So, I cut my sun time shorter than I would have liked to go back to my loves 😍
Since we picked up groceries yesterday, I planned to cook up something for dinner tonight. The result was pretty good but I wish my platanos (bananas) came out the way I wanted them to.

Chorizo y pan

Fried platanos

Lascala Tinto

Red and green peppers and basmati rice


No comments:

Post a Comment