Saturday

España: Days 68-72 (El Campello & Alicante)

Day 68:
12 September 2016 is my good friend, Sara's Birthday! Happy Birthday again (even though as I am writing this it is already past my birthday...it's the thought that counts 😉). Today I was happy to see that the "playgrounds" this city had for all the terribly behaved children, have been taken down! I did not know that they would ever be taken down because when we arrived, it was already summer time and kids were out of school. Now that school is officially back in session, we will start to see things change around here!

Happy to know things will begin to mellow!

Where there was once a giant SpongeBob...

Inflatable waterpark, removed


I decided to take a bath for my aching back but my bubbles grew enormously! I relaxed the rest of the day until we went to Star of India. It is a bit of a walk so I had to rest my back to prepare.

Bubbles!

Chicken Madre, pilau rice and garlic naan at Star of India

Best garlic naan I have ever had!





Day 69:
Scott's school schedule shifted again so I am doing lunch on my own today. I decided to go to Tasca Marinera for a salad and enjoy the view. I have not been feeling too great so Coco and I were pretty lazy today. For dinner we went to Da Riccardo de Maria and got a bottle of Muga. For some reason nothing was tasting great to me (except for the vino).

She ate, she pooped, now she sleeps

Glass of sangria with a view at Tasca Marinera

Ensalada Mixta at Tasca Marinera

Muga 2012 Rioja vino tinto at Da Riccardo de Maria

Gnocchi at Da Riccardo de Maria

Risotto Milanese at Da Riccardo de Maria



Day 70:
Today is a big shopping day for me! Well, kind of...Coco and I go into Alicante with Scott for lunch and then while he is in class, we will explore shopping in the city. We ate lunch at this Thai place called Thai Corner and I think it was really good but my taste buds were not all there. I am starting to feel like I am coming down with a cold. We walked Scott to class after lunch and then Coco and I headed to Natura, one of my favorite shops here in España. I would maybe describe it as a more sophisticated, funky and less cluttered Urban Outfitters if I had to compare it to anything. I got a new purse here for only 40€ and then when Scott met up with us after class, we got my pouf! Coco and I also went to both of the El Corte Ingles and spent several hours there. El Corte Ingles is THE department store of España. It is like a combination of Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Best Buy, Whole Foods and Bed Bad and Beyond all rolled into one. One of the locations has 4 or 5 stories with a gourmet foods level; toys, souvenirs, travel gear and other fun stuff on another level; bags, accessories, makeup on a level; home goods etc on another level. Then the other location has maybe 8 stories with a more generic supermarket on the bottom floor; pet supplies and wine on the next floor; a level dedicated all to sporting goods; one for electronics; about 2 or 3 levels with apparel (mens, womens, kids, swimsuits). Whatever you need, El Corte Ingles has it! I literally spent 3 hours between the 2 locations and walked out empty handed. I think I was too stimulated to make a purchase. It happens.

Olarra Cerro Añon 2013 Crianza de Rioja

Lubina at Thai Corner

Thai basil chicken at Thai Corner

Waiting for the tram to arrive to take my pouf back home...

Coco seems to think it's a new bed for her


When we got home, I started feeling even worse. I definitely had a cold 🤒
I emailed my Spanish instructor at 4am to let her know I could not make it for the lesson. For the next 2 days, I basically hibernated.

At least the sky was beautiful!

Torre de la Illeta

Puerto Campello


Day 71:

Sick and asleep 😩


Day 72:
Sick, asleep and watched movies. Scott asked me if there was anything he could bring home and I asked for him to find me a mug. Not a boring mug but something cute. This is the story of my day....

Posted up for watching movies and TV shows

My awesome mug and mug hat!

More Puerto Campello and the moonrise


No comments:

Post a Comment