Saturday

Days 109 & 110 (Lisboa, Portugal)

Day 109:
This morning we had our coffee and breakfast  (just bread for me) on the rooftop of Maison MK one last time before we leave Morocco. We got everything strategically packed and were on our way back to the airport to leave for Lisboa. The flight was very short but when we arrived to Lisboa, Portugal, it was raining. Jessica and I are only here for one night and we are staying with her friend and business partner in Cascais. Cascais is a coastal city just 20 minutes from Lisboa and looks beautiful from what I could see in my short time there. I would love to go back. Jessica and I went for a bite to eat in the towns center at a place called Caffé Italia. The food was all very delicious!

Jessica and me at Caffé Italia in Cascais, Portugal

Mass in session...shh! The attendees spilled out onto the street and I could not help but stare at the golden backdrop on our way to dinner.

Portuguese wine at Caffè Italia: Pacheca Colheita 2013

Insalata Mista at Caffé Italia

Lasagne at Caffé Italia

Gnocchi at Caffé Italia

Back at the house, our hosts shared their very old nice bottle of Port with us 👌 



Day 110:
We had to wake extremely early this morning (4:30ish) to get to the airport for our flights. Jessica's flight was an hour or two after mine but she needed to get there a little early anyways. She is going back to the U.S. and I am on my way back to España. I had a 5 hour stopover in Madrid and it was dreadful. I was feeling very anxious mainly because of people, Spanish men.  You see, I am getting more and more angered by the way women are treated and by what an extremely machismo country this is. Sorry to say it but it is what it is and I feel invisible half the time.

Anyways, happy to be back "home" to Scott and Coco! We got dinner at Pipo, which Scott was craving....

Marqués de Riscal 2010

Gnocchi bolognese at Pipo

Penne arrabiata at Pipo


No comments:

Post a Comment