Thursday

España: Days 111-115 (El Campello & Valencia)

Day 111:
Since the summer has been over, most of Campello has been dead. Many restaurants and businesses are closed (more than ever) so we never know what we can count on for food. It is Tues, 25 October and a beautiful day so we decided to walk to Club Nautico to see if they are open and they were! Unfortunately we were underwhelmed by the food. I think I only had a bite or two of my fish and then left it. No me gusta. The patatas were amazing as usual though.

Bohigas Rosat Cava at Club Nautico

Best patatas bravas though at Club Nautico

Manchego cheese at Club Nautico

Fish at Club Nautico


We made up for our bad lunch by having an always fantastic dinner at Star of India! Once again I got the Madras con Pollo, which I love...very spicy (but you can have less spicy if you want).

Sangria at an Indian restaurant is not normal but here in España it is a must! The sangria is very good at Star of India.

Garlic naan is the best at Star of India

Karahi con pollo at Star of India 

Coco and her Whimzee...out for the night!


Day 112:
We are going to Valencia for the day...not even staying the night! Scott rented a car and we are going to lunch, shop and meet up with our friend, Donny. Scott rented a car and it only takes about an hour and a half. We went to lunch again at Almalibre Açai Bar. We love this place! We both got açai bowls and Scott also got a wrap. He gave me a bite but I wish I had one now as well! It would have been too much food for me though.

Açai bowl with banana at Almalibre Açai Bar

Açai berry daiquiri at Almalibre (so good!!!)

Açai bowl with banana and apples at Almalibre

Açai berry mojito at Almalibre

Wrap with hummus, lettuce and peppers at Almalibre

Valenciana street art on Carrer del Repés. Reminds me of the Evil Eye, which protects you from evil. 

Esglesia dels Sants Joans, a Catholic Church in Valencia 

Mercat Central in Valencia  (large market)

Familia Alday Brut Nature Cava

Valencian sunset over Museo de las Arts y Ciencas

Weird and interesting statue in Valencia 

Coco waiting for papa to return from the restroom at  a bar along the beach, Destino 56

Ali's Valencia Road Trippin' Playlist:

  1. Cold Water by Major Lazer, Justin Bieber, MØ
  2. 24K Magic by Bruno Mars
  3. FourFiveSeconds by Rihanna, Kanye West, Paul McCartney
  4. I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston
  5. Let Me Love You by DJ Snake, Justin Bieber
  6. Cada Vez [Avant Garde Remix] by Negrocan
  7. Human by Rag 'n' Bone Man
  8. Bonfire by Felix Jaehn, Alma
  9. Sucker For Pain by Lil Wayne, Imagine Dragons, Wiz Khalifa
  10. Trumpets (feat. Sean Paul) by Salvi, Sak Noel
  11. Ain't My Fault by Zara Larsson
  12. Side To Side by Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj
  13. Sex by Cheat Codes, Kris Kross Amsterdam


Days 113 & 114:
The days are pretty mellow considering not much is open and not much is going on. I am very surprised by the lack if celebration for Halloween. I am just surprised because for a country that loves festivals and any reason to dress in costume & celebrate, I have seen very little being done on the days leading up to my favorite holiday. Thursday night we stayed in and had Star of India leftovers along with some vino....

Friday we lunched at Restaurante Cavia and had dinner at Bar Marfín.

Back at "home," we enjoyed a bottle of wine we got in Rioja, Ostatu Gloria 2008, and toast to Gabby whom I miss very much. 

Paella con pollo y verduras at Cavia

Angosto tinto de Valencia at Bar Merfín

Pincho de tortilla at Bar Merfín

Costillas at Bar Merfín

At dinner, I was so happy to see this woman with her face painted on her way to a Halloween party. I asked if I could take her photo and she kindly posed.


Day 115:
It is Saturday 29 October and I could not sleep so I enjoyed the sunrise while I could...

We lunched again at Pipo where Scott and Coco shared some steak! I usually try to wear my bathing suit in case I feel the need to soak up more sun and today it paid off. We sat on the beach with Coco since we have seen others during this off season with their puppies.

Sunrise in El Campello





Today we will all enjoy the sun 🌞

Marqués de Riscal at Pipo

Steak at Pipo on a hot stone with rosemary, salt and garlic. Cooked as you like



Penne Arrabiata at Pipo

Coco getting her nose in the sand on the beach in El Campello


Enjoying my suntime in El Campello



A beautiful day in El Campello, España

Who's photo bombing who?



No comments:

Post a Comment